Advanced equipment for helium storage and transport
Gardner helium tanks assure the world’s largest road and ocean transport along with stationary storage.
Available in capacities from 3,785 L (1,000 gal) to 56,781 L (15,000 gal) for transport, (the largest for highway use in the world), and 12,870 L (3,400 gal) to 128,000 L (33,818 gal) capacity for storage, with larger or smaller units available on special order, Gardner is able to provide solutions for helium needs worldwide.
The most prominent of Gardner’s high-quality transport vessels is the 41,640 L (11,000 gal) UN Portable tank in 40 ft ISO frame, the most widely used containerized liquid helium tank in the world. This tank ensures reliability, longevity, performance and is the most economical tank for transport by road or ocean.
These containers also comply with a multitude of international codes and standards, including ASME, DOT, UN Portable, CSC, IMDG, ADR, European Standards. Like our other equipment, they are ruggedly built and perform effectively in a wide range of demanding environmental conditions around the world.
- Over 97% of the world’s liquid helium is transported in liquid helium UN Portable tanks, 40 ft ISO UN Portable tank in 40 ft ISO frame (DOT) and semitrailers designed and manufactured by Gardner
- Gardner is the world’s preferred supplier for large liquid helium storage vessels used at commercial helium production and distribution facilities along with large research laboratories which use large quantities of helium
- 99.8% of 41,640 L (11,000 gal) UN Portable tanks that Gardner manufactured since 1973 are still in service, assuring reliable performance under some of the harshest conditions
- Up to 18,927 L (5,000 gal) customer station/UN Portable tanks in 20 ft ISO frame
- 41,640 L (11,000 gal), UN Portable tanks in 40 ft ISO frame with various pressures and configurations
- Storage tanks
- Custom liquid helium transfer lines
- Helium Purifier